Sunday 21 September 2014

From comic to nail


Lets give the nail some background

So I thought I would have a go at some more characters...after the poison ivy and the princess peach I thought I would step it up a gear. Move onto characters a little more in the firing line. I went for Harley Quinn.

For those of you that don't already know....I love my comics. I love the art, the story lines and the personality of the characters. So I have decided while I spread my love of nail art....why not spread my love of the characters too with a little back ground knowledge. 

Lets start with Harley Quinn. Harley Quinn whose name is Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzell who was psychiatric intern that worked at Arkham Asylum. While working at Arkham she become fascinated on one particular inmate....being Joker. Joker seduced Dr Quinn and she fell madly in love with him and helped him escape.  She later became Jokers sidekick. A very complex and twisted love affair they had. There have been different versions of Harley...from the original Jester inspired outfit of red and black. 

 The classic Harley Quinn.

To the more modern Harley that we saw in the game Batman Arkham Asylum. Where Harley is seen in a similar alternate colour style, but this time with purple and red. More for the sex appeal for the audience of the game. 




The nail art I done was inspired by the classic Harley. The red and black. I used gun metal nail varnish as the background. While using red, black, and white acrylic paint for the design and some light blue acrylic for the irises. The things I like about this design is that it is simple but effective. I think the silver background makes the red and black really stand out. 
The things I don't like is that there is a smudge with the mouth. I tried to add some more white to the area to cover this, but the white became thick on the mouth and I decided to quit while I was ahead instead of over working and possibly ruining the character design entirely.   



Ta Da




No comments:

Post a Comment